What is SRA?
Quite simply, it is one of the most competitive and cost effective racing series to hit the track in many years! Here are some of the race format details:
- 10 races over 5 weekends *May vary depending on race series location
- 25 minute sprint race format (2 races per weekend)
- additional practice sessions each day
- Designated Atom-only race group
- Points awarded & scored towards year-end championship (The Atom Cup)
- 2013 to see additional track locations/championships held across the United States
- All racing governed by 13/13 etiquette
- Series to be administered by TMI AutoTech, in strict accordance with defined SRA preparation & competition rules (i.e., no allowable changes/additions of any kind except tire pressure and/or other parameters within the standard range(s) of inherent mechanical adjustability provided by as-delivered car)
- VERY cost effective racing
- SRA cars uses 91 or 93 Octane Pump fuel
- Lightweight nature of the SRA makes for great tire life
- routine maintenance costs are a fraction of what woud typically be associated with a purpose built racecar
- Direct factory support available
- Great progression from track days to wheel-to-wheel racing
- Racing does not have to be a unattainable dream - The SRA series has allowed many drivers make racing a reality.
- SRA car storage available at SRA Race locations
- Towing a racecar to the track is no fun - Leave your car at the racetrack and make life easy!
- Great FUN! The Spec: RaceAtom is sure to put a big smile on your face every time you take it onto the track!
- Competive....yet safe. All races are run under 13/13 etiquette.
- The SRA is a great track-day car outside of racing events - many SRA drivers get lots of practice time at other events
- Easy to drive - The SRA car has proven to be a vehicle that will allow various backgrounds, and skill levels, to get out and enjoy driving